Delicious veggie recipes and stories of vegetable and marital bliss.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Our New Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

New cookie recipe, how do I love thee? Or more accurately, why do I love thee?
Let me count the ways.
Reason 1: These cookies aren't flat.
Reason 2: The texture of the cookies is perfect. A little crunchy, mostly chewy, not at all cakey.
Reason 3. The recipe made 22 cookies, which I thought was a very reasonable batch.
Reason 4: The cookies stay soft for days.
Reason 5: These cookies endear me to my father-in-law, who has a weak spot for anything chocolate.


I used my Kitchen Aid mixer for this, but a hand mixer will probably do.

Cream together
1 cold stick of butter (cut into small chunks)
with
1/2 cup sugar and 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
add two teaspoons of vanilla, mix, add one egg (best at room temp), and mix again.

Add in
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
by pulsing the mixer...mix as little as possible, just until the flour is mixed in.

Add a half bag of chocolate chips, mix by pulsing the mixer as little as possible.

Put the bowl of dough in the fridge for an hour.

Then preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and spoon the cold batter onto cookie sheets (a tablespoon or so per cookie, leaving about 2 inches between each blob of dough), bake cookies one batch at a time in the middle of the oven for 11-12 minutes.
Cool on a rack.
Beware of roving Labradors who counter-surf.

1 comment:

  1. I stand witness to your voracious Labradors in action. I once read that salt-water crocs can jump as high as twelve feet in the air to catch their prey. That’s nothing compared to the pair of hungry cookie-catching hounds you have lurking in your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete