Delicious veggie recipes and stories of vegetable and marital bliss.

Friday, January 22, 2010

Warning to the Delicate: This Post is about Gas (or, Brussels Sprouts Fight Back)


Why, Brussels Sprouts, why must you torment us in this way? We give you nothing but good press. We advocate for you against the haters. We proudly buy pounds of you at a time and look smug at the grocery check out. We love you for your adorability (yes, I made up that word) and your deliciousness. And yet, 14 hours later, I am still jet propelled around my house. Even my dogs look horrified (and they like bad smells).
It is true that vegetarians have more gas than omnivores (all those veggies and beans, yum!), and we learned this empirically when we switched our dogs to vegetarian food.
Lesson learned: compassion certainly has more gravitas than gas, but gas smells a lot worse.

1 comment:

  1. Having returned to vegetarianism, I applaud your efforts to reintegrate brussels sprouts. (I wonder what they call Brussels Sprouts in Brussels?)

    Meat eaters miss so much! Thoroughly soaked beans made at home are WAY better than you can get out of a can, and super cheap. Roasted beets? Yams?

    I feel like omnivores just focus on the "sauce" which they will place on their nightly chicken. (Poor chicken:-( )

    ReplyDelete